I haven’t written a single blog post since December 2010.
- I haven’t written a single word in my work-in-progress since December 2010.
- I’m using the revolution that happened in Egypt in January 2011 as an excuse for not writing.
- I’ve considered using the hundreds/thousands of tweets I’ve tweeted during the revolution as my “See? I have been writing.”
- I did translate a novella, though. And it’s been published. And I’m proud of this achievement. So I’m officially a published literary translator as well as a writer.
- Sometimes I’m just too lazy and lack the self-discipline to write regularly.
- I regret writing that last confession because I’m ashamed of it.
- Sometimes I’m just too afraid of writing to write. What if what I write is garbage?
- I regret writing that last confession as well.
- I usually don’t wholly believe people who say good things about my writing. You guys are just being nice, right?
- I usually don’t wholly believe people who say bad things about my writing. You guys are just nitpicking, right? This is always true when you don’t tell me what’s wrong with the writing.
- I’ve started a morning pages routine about a dozen times or so. I’ve even converted other people to this ritual. Despite seeing and feeling a real difference in my writing when I stick to the routine, I still end up quitting after a few days or weeks. Is this deliberate self-sabotage? Should I get therapy? Am I a danger to society?
- Sometimes when I see a beautiful work of art, I get jealous, so I go paint or sketch. I feel the same when I read a good story, or even just a well-written sentence or phrase. Do successful writers and artists feel the same when they see or read someone else’s work? I want to know because I’m trying to diagnose myself (am I petty, or does everyone else feel the same way?).
- I’m writing this blog post while I’m at work. My job description does not include blog-post writing.
- I’m writing this while I’m at work because I’m pretty confident no one at the office reads my blog.
- I regret writing those last two confessions. I think they qualify as “stupid”.
- If you’ve read this far, let me tell you that I’ve missed your comments and would love to hear one or two of your own confessions (they don’t have to be embarrassing). Or you could berate me for not writing regularly. Or just send me a cookie.
Tag Archives: literary translation
January 15, 2012 · 11:11 am